Full-Time Chief Technology Officer – Wearable Medical Device – Start-up
Our Client is an innovative start-up in created in 2015 to develop a wearable medical device for compression therapy.
Millions of people currently rely on compression to treat their lifelong chronic disease (lymphedema and vascular edema). Today patients are treated by a specialized practitioner and wear daily a contention sleeve to limit the swelling or use a heavy pumping system.
Our Client has developed an easy to use compression bandage equipped with sensors connected to a central platform via a mobile application.
With our Client’s products, patients manage on their own their treatment away from any medical assistance. Practitioners can dramatically reduce the time they spend on the application and adjustment of traditional elastic bandages. Historical data are recorded in the central database for the practitioner to measure trends and fine tune the treatment.
- Managing and coordinating the development of the product for the purpose of an industrialization process
- Ensure a proper integration of hardware and software features
- Ability to understand and to tackle the key concepts in product involving various fields such as sensors, electronics, MEMS, software
- Evaluating and resolving vendors selection, design improvements, manufacturing issues
- Managing vendors and partners to ensure a robust and scalable manufacturing process with an awareness to selling price issues
- Take a comprehensive development approach integrating ISO 13485, Quality Assurance, CE Marking, Regulatory aspects
- Ability to write/review user needs, design inputs, requirements …
- Working in conjunction with the board of directors for planning and financial aspects
- Engineering degree preferably in Electronics, Material or Biomedical Sciences
- 10-15 years of experience mostly in the medical device industry
- Expertise in both hardware and software/data required
- Strong technical skills in electronics, sensors, software required. Knowledge of textile, smart fabrics, innovative material is an asset
- Knowledge in quality systems management required
- Knowledge of Data Management is an asset
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Expertise in data analytics and algorithms is a plus
- Language: French or Dutch – working knowledge of English
- Highly autonomous and able to deliver pragmatic solutions
- Rigorous and quality-oriented
- Very good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Open to travel
8 total views, 1 today